Below is the race schedule for Elite Runners Race Management. All events on this schedule are timed and/or managed by ERRM. Events are being added daily so be sure to check back often to see the newest events.
8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Burgettstown Turkey Trot
|Burgettstown High School||5K|
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Jingle All The Way 5K
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Trot for Tots
|Oakdale Community Center||5K, 10K|
The event will benefit a local Pittsburgh Charity, Amachi www.amachimentoring.org which helps kids in need with a strong mentoring program. This is our 6th year supporting Amachi. Last year, with your help, we were able to donate over 350 toys to the program.
We humbly ask all participants to bring a new toy with them on race morning or to packet pick up to donate to this very worthwhile charity. Thank you for your generosity and willingness to make a child happy this Christmas season.
Event Start Location Start times remain the same. 5K at 9:00 am, followed by the 10K at 9:45.
Remember, you can register to run both events as long as you are done with the 5K in time to start the 10K at 9:45.
The start and finish point is staying at the Oakdale Community Center due to the growth of the event. The course will remain an out and back on the Panhandle Trail, running towards Walkers Mill again this year to minimize road crossings for both events. Only 1 minor road crossing. The address of the start area is 104 Seminary Ave Oakdale, PA 15071 Use this address in yahoo or google maps to get specific directions from your location.
Course Description Both the 10K and 5K Course will take place entirely on the Panhandle Trail and both are an out and back. The courses are designed for pure speed being fairly flat with an ever so slight downhill coming back. Surface is crushed limestone over an old rail line.
The Race will run from Oakdale towards Walkers Mill and back
7:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Jingle Bell Run Pittsburgh
- See more at: http://jinglebellrunpittsburgh.kintera.org/faf/help/helpEventInfo.asp?ievent=1112322&lis=1&kntae1112322=B7F05D31FB1C43E9B7206A7F36859E84#sthash.RXqzBSbB.dpuf
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Frigid 5 Miler
|North Park Lodge||5 Miles|
10:00 AM - 2:30 PM
The Spring Thaw
|North Park Boathouse & Rose Barn||10, 15, or 20 Miles|
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
J.C. Stone 50K
|J.C. Stone Field North Park||50K|
Lt. J. C. Stone 50K Ultramarathon
Saturday, March 21, 2015
(the Boat House @ North Park)
Hampton Township Rotary Club
"Service Above Self"
Registration for this event is open and available on-line through ChronoTrack Live. Please visitwww.jcstone50k.comand regsiter from there.
If you have any questions regarding this event please contact the Race Director: LouDAngelo@aol.com
GENERAL RACE and COURSE DESCRIPTION
There is a football field at North Park. The field, used for local sporting events, is named to honor Lt. Joseph Charles Stone. Known as J.C. to his friends and family. J.C. enlisted to serve the USA in the Viet Nam War. He was a decorated Green Beret who gave his life for his country when the small village where he was engaged was overrun by the Viet Cong. His legacy is one of bravery. This run is in memory of J.C. and all the brave soldiers who have fought for our country.
The course starts at the North Park Boat House with a short loop, then proceeds to complete six 5-mile loops around scenic North Park Lake. Approximately 2.5 miles from the Boat House runners will pass Lt. J.C. Stone Field. This 5-mile loop has been the home to many exciting Ultras in the past. This course is the same course as the former GNC 50K/50Mile/100K race. UltraRunners from all over the country ran this course as for several years it was host to several National Championship Road Races. The course is awesome. Asphalt running trail that follows the shoreline of North Park Lake. It will be very well marked and will have volunteers stationed along the course so that you can focus on running and leave the logistics to us. Challenging but very runable.
We consistently have several men and women listed in Ultrarunning Magazine's fastest 50K times.
The schedule is set for the 2015 race! Please enjoy the race reports from our past events, and some photos. Join us on Facebook under Groups. Lt. JC Stone 50K Group is out there and is a good way to follow us and receive updates and information about the event.
Saturday, March 21, 2015
Runners Check-in & Packet Pickup for Late Arrivals from 6:00am - 7:30am
Pre-race Information Meeting @ 7:45am at the starting line (unless the weather forces us to hold the meeting indoors.)
ALL runners should be at the starting line @ 7:45am
Race Starts @8:00 am SHARP
Awards - Presented as winners cross the finish line. There is no official award ceremony but I encourage you to stick around, enjoy some pizza and beverage (beer, soda, water, etc). Results are posted promptly.
Race Closes, Picnic and food continues to 4:00pm
INSTRUCTIONS For RUNNERS
The three rules that are strictly enforced: 1) No litter, 2) No pacing by motorized vehicle, and 3) No Aid given from any moving vehicle (bikes are vehicles). You will be disqualified for running afoul of these rules. Please don’t.
- No running pets please. This is a people race.
- Rules that the North Park/Allegheny County Police will enforce are, 1) Exceeding the speed limits around the park, 2) bicycling in the ‘wrong’ direction. The park is a one way cycling park with marked lanes. We run the race in the 'opposite' direction of the bicycle path. Bicycles are permitted on the course. Please observe all signs.
- We start and finish at the North Park Boat House. We have the boat house facility which includes indoor, warm, clean restroom facilities, several picnic tables and the food!
- Parking at the North Park Boat House has been reserved for you, your crew, your family and friends. I expect we will have plenty of room. This is a crew-friendly course, and is supported well with two aid stations. Aid every 2.5 mile. Your can have a pacer. If your pacer is going to run the entire distance they do need to register for the event.
- Please do not litter. Drop your trash at the aid stations, and we will take care of the rest.
- Registration through active.com will be $50 up until March 20, 2015.
- Pre-registration is considered to be registration by midnight March 10, 2015.
- Runners who pre-register will receive a tech fabric shirt (The shirts are awesome). Pre-registered Finishers will receive a finisher's medal (The medal is way cool). Register after March 10 and you do run the risk of no shirt and no medal (I will try to prevent this from happening, but help me out by registering as early as you can).
- There is no registration by mail. If we don't fill the field we will accept walk-up registration until to 7:30am on race day (the entry fee will be $75).
- Top three female and Top three male finishers will receive a unique commemorative award. Top masters (age 40+) male and top masters female will receive a unique commemorative award. Top grand master (age 50+) male and female will receive a unique commemorative award.
- All runners need to check in before 7:30 a.m. on Saturday morning to get their number. This is essential because we will start the race on time. The race will startpromptly at 8:00 a.m.
- Runners will have access to indoor bathrooms before, during and after the run. While we don’t have showers, we do have indoor plumbing. Runners will also have access to bathrooms and port-a-potties along the course.
- PACERS are allowed from start to finish. But if your pacer is running the whole way, please register them as a runner. Your pacer has complete aid station access.
- The Boat House aid station will offer runners food and beverage including sport bars, cookies, pretzels, crackers, water, sports drink and soda pop.There is a different mix of aid station food each year.
- Dropbags may be left at the Boat House Aid Station. In fact you can have your own little area set up near your vehicle. Bring a chair, a cooler and a towel. Make it your own oasis of support if you care to.
- The temperature can vary drastically in March. Be ready for anything from a wet 43oF. to temperatures in the 80o's. I am hoping for 48F and partly cloudy, but you just never know!
- Please report to the finish line area if you happen to drop from the race. Don’t just walk off, we will be worried about you and will spend time looking for you.
Some local hotels in case you need to spend the night.
Conley Resort, 740 Pittsburgh Road (Route 8) Butler , PA 16002 (724) 586-7711. Toll Free: 800-344-7303. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Very nice. Located 35 minutes from North Park Boat House. 4 Star. $$$
Home2Suites (Hilton), McKnight Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237. 10 minutes to North park Boat House. My first choice for this race!
Hampton Inn – North Hills, 4575 McKnight Road , Pittsburgh , PA 15237 . (412)939-3200. 15 Minutes from North Park Boat House. 3 Star. $$
Comfort Inn North, Gibsonia , PA. 5 Miles from the Boat House. 1 Star. $
EconoLodge, Gibsonia , PA. 5 miles from the Boat House. 1 Star. $
DIRECTIONS to North Park Boat House
GPS Coordinates for the Boat House
Directions from the PA Turnpike (both eastbound and westbound travelers)
Take Exit #38 (Butler/Pittsburgh), Travel 100 yards north on Rt. 8 towards Butler . Get in the Left Lane to make the first left onto W. Hardies Rd at the red light. Travel approximately 3 miles on winding country road to red light. Make a right at the light onto Wildwood Road (Yellow Belt). Follow approximately 2 miles to the next redlight. This is a major intersection and entrance to North Park. There is a Military Cannon on your right hand side among a flower bed. Make a right at the light onto Babcock Blvd. Travel 250 yards and make the first Left onto Pierce Mill Road . Travel 1 mile to the Boat House Parking lot which will be on your left. Park here. This is the Start and the Finish for the event.
Directions from the South of Pittsburgh via Rt. 79 and Rt. 910.
Take Route 79 North towards Wexford. Exit at Wexford Rt. 910 East. Travel Rt 910 East for approximately 4 miles. Turn Right onto Pearce Mill Road. Travel straight into the park. You will know when you are in North Park because the speed limit changes to 15MPH. Don't speed. The County Police are very polite when they ticket you. You've been warned. You will travel on Pearce Mill Road for approximately 2 miles. Travel up the hill and on the way down the hill look to your right and you will see the Boat House. Make a right into the parking lot. This is the Start and Finish for the event.
If you have additional questions about the Lt. J.C. Stone 50K,
Contact Lou D’Angelo, Race Director
By email at LouDAngelo@aol.com
8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Sean T. Smith Memorial - Just A Short Run
|North Park Boathouse||5K, 8.1 Mile, 1/2 Marathon, 30K|
The 15th Annual Just A Short Run (JASR) is a benefit race for The Leukemia
& Lymphoma Society.
For our 15th Anniversary - Every 15th Finisher will receive a special gift from Elite Runners & Walkers- Stay tuned for more details
Event Start Location
8:30 am start for 30K in the Boathouse parking lot
8:35 start for 5K, 8.1 and Half Marathon at the Tennis Courts
Both Starts merge about .4 miles into the race.
North Park Boathouse
399 Pearce Mill Rd
Allison Park, PA
All Courses take place entirely on gently rolling paved roads through scenic North Park.
Split times will be based on Chronotrack Live Timing for longer events at these intervals:
30K - 3.6 miles, 8.6, 13.6, 18.6
1/2 Marathon - 3.1, 8.1, 13.1.
8.1 Mile - 3.1, 8.1
Use this link to view the 1/2 marathon course map.
5K course is the first 3.1 miles of the 1/2 marathon course.
30K adds .5 mile at the beginning and another 5 mile loop
8.1 Mile is 5K + one 5 mile loop..
All Finishers in the 1/2 Marathon and 30K will receive custom finishers medals.
Additional prizes will be awarded as follows:
Top 5 Overall & Masters
$1070.00 in prize monies will be divided by Top 5 Overall M & F in 1/2 Marathon and 30K.
$300.00 in prize monies to be divided by Top 5 overall M & F in 5K Race.
Top Master M & F in all races will receive Monetary awards as well.
Age group awards will be given out in each race.
Age Group Awards
Top 3 Male and Female in each age group as follows:
1/2 Marathon /30K Age Groups:
19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
5K & 8.1 Mile Age Groups:
14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
Per current USATF guidelines, all money tray awards are based on gun time.
Age group awards will be based on chip time.
No awards will be mailed out post race. This is a charity event and it costs too much to mail out awards, so please stick around for the awards ceremonies. All unclaimed awards will be available at Elite Runners & Walkers in Robinson for 6 months post race. All unclaimed monetary awards will be donated to next year's total.
Packet Pickup / Expo
Packet Pickup will be held the 3 days prior to the event at
Elite Runners & Walkers
5992 Steubenville Pike
McKees Rocks, PA 15136
FYI, SPECIAL INCENTIVE TO PICK UP EARLY
All runners picking up in the shop on Wed-Fri will be entered into a drawing for a New Balance Head to Toe Outfit
Wednesday March 25th 10 am - 7 pm
Thursday March 26th 11 am - 8 pm
Friday March 27th 10 am - 7pm
(It is actually in Robinson, but use McKees Rocks if using internet map services).
RACE DAY Registration/packet & packet pickup if needed
Location: North Park BOATHOUSE
Time: 6:30 am - 8:20 am
Timing / Results
We will once again use ChronoTrack Live electronic timing from Elite Runners Race Management. Finish times will be available online as soon as you finish at the finish kiosks and will be posted on www.eliterunnersracing.com
Post Race Activities
Stick around for the awards ceremonies as well as enjoy great music, camaraderie, and the great recovery buffet from our sponsors.
We will run in rain or shine so please come prepared. We will have a bag drop at the registration area.
79 north or South to Wexford Exit Rte 910.
Rte 910 East for 4 miles
Right on Pierce Mill Road into North Park
Follow signs for event parking and start location
Shuttles will once again be provided for parking in the main lots except the Rose Barn. Shuttles will start running at 6:15 am until 8:15am. They will begin again after the 5K at 9:00 am and run back to the parking areas continuously until 2pm.
- Rose Barn
- Ice Rink
- Any other designated parking area around the Boathouse area.
NO PARKING in the Boathouse lots on race day.
There will be absolutely no parking along Pierce Mill Rd, except in the few designated parking spaces this year. Please CARPOOL & ARRIVE EARLY, that means at least 45 minutes prior or more, park in the outlying lots and take the shuttles to the Boathouse.
For more information on how Elite Runners Race Management can help you host the most successful race or event possible call (412) 490-0881.